1/06/2012

Rihanna: She Wears It Well

Singer Rihanna's down-time look is just right for this time of year.


Rihanna may be in Los Angeles but last night she wore exactly what I've felt like wearing in London all week.

So it's boyfriend jeans in London, and, apparently, LA. Actually, if I could, I would wear boyfriend jeans all day, every day, whatever the month. My current favourite is Gap's (in play today) but I met someone this morning who was in a very fetching pair by Tommy Hilfiger, which I'm planning to investigate (that means buy). Current/Elliott's The Roller Boyfriend jean is also a goodie. And one of my colleagues works a great look in her Made in Heaven's London Boy jean.

Although at the weekend I like a flat shoe with boyfriend jeans (preferably a brogue and stripey sock combo), Rihanna knows that a heel will lift the sloppiest of denims - not to mention your behind. Her choice of white pointy Louboutins lends her just the right amount of trashy, feminine swagger we should expect from our popstars.